« All Events
Mining Supervisor – Practical Date TBC
December 31 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm $400
S123/G189 – Mining Supervisor
This course comprises of three units of competency which have been specified by the Coal and Metalliferous Mining Safety and Health Advisory Boards for any person authorised to supervise workers on a mine.
Mining Industry Supervisor S123 is required for any person who is authorised to Supervise others in the Resources Industry. This is recognised by both the Coal Mining Safety and Health Advisory Committee and the Mining Safety and Health Advisory Committee for any person authorised to supervise workers on a mine site.
This is a requirement of the Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999 Division 2 Section 56 and of the Mining and Quarrying Safety and Health Act 1999 Division 2 section 51.
These competencies are required to be refreshed at least every 5 years as per Part 11 Regulation 84 of the Coal Mining Safety and Health Regulation 2017 (Qld).
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Plan and prepare for risk management
- Identify and assess unacceptable risk and recommend risk controls
- Contribute to the implementation of risk controls
- Review risk management documentation
- Determine the objectives and develop an investigation plan
- Gather and evaluate information
- Identify courses of action
- Prepare and present investigation reports
- Plan and prepare to communicate information
- Communicate information to achieve work activity outcomes
- Develop and perform work activity presentations
- Participate in resolving conflicts
A Statement of Attainment is issued to participants who successfully complete all the required assessment tasks, have paid in full and have supplied all required supporting documentation.
Course Validity and Refreshers
The refresher period for the mining unit(s) is five years, a shorter period may be required where industry/company requirements are applicable. Individuals can refresh their competencies anytime within the five-year period in line with these industry/company-specific requirements.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however, you must possess basic literacy and numeracy skills. You may be required to complete a Language, Literacy, and Numeracy (LLN) indicator prior to enrolling.
If you have any concerns regarding the literacy or numeracy requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for advice.
- RIIWHS301E Conduct safety and health investigations
- RIIRIS301E Apply risk management processes
- RIICOM301E Communicate information
|Mining Supervisor - Practical Date TBC
||31 December 2022
||10:00 am - 02:00 pm